Sydney Olympic Park
- Aquatic Center (opened in 1994) it features a water playground, a rapid river ride, bubbling beach fountains, spurting volcanoes, a 50 meter competition pool, a 50 meter training pool, a 25 meter pool, a diving pool, spa sauna and steam room, gymnasium and cardio theatre.
- Archery Center is the venue where the archery competition was taking place at the 2000 Olympic Games, in Sydney. The center offers training on archery.
- Athletic Center (opened in 1994) has a two-arena complex with an international standard track.
- Golf Center 60 hitting stations on the driving range, 18-hole Mini-Golf course. Equipment hire and tuition available.
- Hockey Center The Olympic facility to host the grass hokey competition.
- Olympic Boulevard is the main access road, connecting Sydney SuperDome, Telstra Stadium, The Overflow, Yulang and Olympic Park Station, Fig Grove, the Aquatic Centre, the Sports Centre, the Golf Centre and the Tennis Centre.
- Newington Armory formerly the Royal Australian Naval Armament Depot, it features over 100 heritage buildings. It is not usually open to the public.
- Novotel & Hotel Ibis (opened in 2000) the hotels offer a various accommodation packages and ar located in the middle of Sydney Olympic Park. Visit the Observation Centre on Level 17 of the Novotel for a unique view of the Park and the city. Open from 10:00AM to 4:00PM daily.
- Sports Center is Australia’s Premier Indoor Sports Arena and is used for basketball, gymnastics and various other indoor games.
- Sports Halls Two large indoor halls of over 3000 square metres each.
- Sydney Showground Is build to be a universal sporting and exhibition complex,eg: Sydney Royal Easter Show, international baseball games, rock concerts, etc. The main facilities are the Dome and Exhibition Complex (312 meters long) and the Main Arena (seating 10,000 people).
- Sydney SuperDome Is an innovative live entertainment and indoor sporting venue, used from major sporting events, to rock concerts or conferences.
- Telstra Stadium It is the Sydney 2000 Olympic Stadium and is the centerpiece of the Sydney Olympic Park. Telstra Stadium is Sydney's largest stadium with a seating capacity of up to 83,500 people. After the Olympic Games, was modified and is not suitable for track and field events.
- Tennis Center Facilities include a 10,500 seat center court stadium, and 15 outside courts.
tourist information ...
How to get there
from Lidcome or Central Station
, by bus
from Strathfield Station or by ferry
from Circular Quay and Parramatta.
Cnr Showground Road and Murray Rose Avenue
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Ph: 02 9714 7888
Web site: Sydney Olympic Park