Youth Hostel Association (YHA)
A few facts about YHA:
- YHA hostels have no age limit.
- To use YHA premises you need to be a member, but this can be arrange on arrival.
- You share your room with other travellers. This reduces the cost of your accommodation (AUS$10.00-AUS$25.00) per night.
- Bathrooms are often separate from the bedrooms.
- Common kitchens and laundries are provided.
- To check in, show your membership card, pay and sign the register.
- Bring your own towel
- Blankets, duvets, pillows are provided by YHAs.
- While it is not necessary to book your accommodation in advance it is best to do it. You can book via: web, e-mail, phone, fax or use the Hostelling International Booking Network (IBN). IBN is available at all YHA Travel Centers.
- You may be limited to a stay of 5 or 7 days, in the more popular locations at peak times. If are plenty of beds available, you can extend your stay.
Sydney Central YHA is located opposite Sydney Central Railway Station. Sydney Central YHA facilities include: pool, sauna, self-catering kitchens, laundry, games room, dining room, TV rooms, coin-operated lockers and 24-hour security access, Internet, bistro and a small supermarket.
YHA locations ...
... look for YHA logo
- Sydney Railway Square (City)
- Sydney Central (City)
- Sydney Glebe (Glebe)
- Sydney Eastern Beaches (Bondi Beach)
- Sydney Northern Beaches (Collaroy Beach)
- Sydney Southern Beaches (Cronulla Beach)
- Garie Beach (Royal National Park)
- Sydney Surrounds (Pittwater)
- Sydney Surrounds (Dulwich Hill)
How to get there, phone numbers, addresses, description, facilities etc. please refer to YHA